Category Archives: Waste Management
Because of strict policies which mandate that garbage management should start at home, many homeowners face the task of formulating their own strategies to make the job a little less uncomfortable and burdensome. While it is true that waste management can be taxing, these simple strategies can make it easier for homeowners to deal with their garbage problems.
Lessen the Amount of Garbage
Garbage can really be difficult to manage when you have tons of it. You can do the following tips, and you will notice that you have cut a significant amount of your usual garbage production.
- Empty your bag off scrap before going home. Don’t forget to leave your litter in wheelie bins in your workplace, parks, restaurants, or shopping malls. Advice your school kids to do the same.
- Bring your own shopping bag when you go to the grocery. If you notice, your garbage bins are usually filled with plastic bags from supermarkets and shopping malls.
- Do away with take-home foods for your family. Instead, call your family to dine in your favorite restaurants. You will be saved from stinking garbage bins from packaging materials of food items from fast foods.
- It is indeed less expensive to hold parties at home for birthdays and other important celebrations. But how about doing them outdoors, or in cheaper event venues?
Make It a Family Affair
Successful management of garbage at home is hard to achieve without the cooperation of every member of the family. Educating them on proper waste disposal will lessen your burden of segregating waste and placing them on their right bins. Here are some tips to make sure that you will not be wearing on gloves, and dipping your hands into those wheelie bins to segregate your garbage before bringing them out in designated areas.
- Label your wheelie bins with each kind of waste that should be placed in it like plastic, paper or recyclable. You may use wheelie bins stickers for better visual effect.
- You may use color coding for each type of waste. A blue bin can have the recyclables, or a pink bin containing paper wastes.
- For perishable scraps, be sure to have a bin that has a tightly sealable cover to prevent any foul smell from coming out and attract flies into your home. Make sure that containers are separated from food waste before disposal.
Never Forget Garbage Schedules
Don’t wait for your wheelie bins to be full before bringing them out to designated areas during garbage collection dates. Regularly empty them even while they are half empty. Over-flowing waste bins are very unsightly and can attract pests into our homes.
With these simple tasks, waste management at home can be done without all those unnecessary fusses. Just think that you are doing this for our dear Mother Nature. For sure, you will have the feeling of contentment every time you bring out those personally labeled wheelie bins for garbage collection.…